W3C Hosts Technical Plenary and All-Group Meeting
3 March 2003 - W3C holds its third annual Technical Plenary and All Working Group Meeting from 3-7 March in Cambridge, MA, USA. 30 W3C Working Groups and Interest Groups hold face-to-face meetings. Mid-week, many of the more than 400 participants attend the all day public plenary, by far the largest group in the event's history. If your organization would like to join W3C, please refer to the Membership page. (News archive)
Call for Participation: W3C Teleconference on Collaboration
4 March 2003 - W3C is pleased to announce the first in a series of teleconferences on Web accessibility research. Researchers and practitioners in document collaboration, human-computer interaction, assistive technologies, disability studies, Web accessibility, and related fields are invited. The event is sponsored by the Web Accessibility Initiative's Research and Development Interest Group. The first telecon is tentatively 14 April. Position papers are due 21 March. Please refer to the call for papers. (News archive)
Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.2 Working Draft Published
3 March 2003 - The Web Services Description Working Group has released an updated Working Draft of the Web Services Description Language (WSDL) Version 1.2. WSDL is a model and an XML format for describing Web services that allows separation of abstract functionality from concrete details. Read about Web Services. (News archive)
W3C Team Talks in March
- Kazuhiro Kitagawa participates in a panel at the workshop on Rethinking Media Policy in the Internet Age in Singapore on 10-12 March.
- Karl Dubost speaks at ConstellationW3 (in French) in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on 15 March.
- Philippe Le Hegaret speaks at Web Services and XML in Johannesburg, South Africa on 17-18 March.
- Wendy Chisholm, Marja-Riitta Koivunen and Matt May present at the CSUN 18th Annual International Conference in Northridge, CA, USA on 17-22 March.
- David Booth participates in a panel at Web Services Edge in Boston, MA, USA on 19 March.
- Daniel Dardailler speaks and Marie-Claire Forgue runs a booth at Fete de l'Internet (in French) in Paris, France on 22 March.
- Martin Durst, Richard Ishida and Chris Lilley present papers and give tutorials at the 23rd Internationalization & Unicode Conference in Prague, Czech Republic on 24-26 March.
W3C Co-Sponsors 23rd Internationalization & Unicode Conference
26 February 2003 - Registration is open for the 23rd Internationalization & Unicode Conference to be held 24-26 March in Prague, Czech Republic, near most major cities in Europe. Come and meet W3C Team members Martin Durst, Richard Ishida, and Chris Lilley who are presenting. The event is the premier technical conference worldwide for software and Web internationalization. Read about Unicode and the W3C Internationalization Activity. (News archive)
CSS3 Text Last Call Working Draft Published
26 February 2003 - The CSS Working Group has released a second Last Call Working Draft of the CSS3 module: Text incorporating all comments from the first Last Call. The group welcomes feedback through 5 March. The document is a set of text formatting properties. Many address international contexts, particularly East Asian and bidirectional text. Visit the CSS home page. (News archive)
DOM Level 3 Core, Load and Save Working Drafts Published
26 February 2003 - The DOM Working Group has released updated Working Drafts of the DOM Level 3 Core and Load and Save specifications. The Document Object Model (DOM) allows programs and scripts to update the content and style of documents dynamically. Comments are welcome. Visit the DOM home page. (News archive)
- Join W3C
- Mailing Lists
- Open Source Software
- World Offices
- Subscribe to W3C Weekly News