My design experience goes back to 1992. Since the early 2000's, I have been focused on web design. The greater part of my work is in large, long-term projects and special projects. I don't list smaller individual web design projects in my portfolio.
a next generation of online application for creating color schemes
Official Army.cz web site
Graphic design for Ministry of Defence and Armed Forces of the Czech Republic.
archived design sketches
Official Czech.cz web site (sketch only)
Structure and graphic design for competitive bidding of Foreign Ministry (not used).
Avril Lavigne Black Star
web coding (HTML/CSS/JS) (archived screenshot)
online application for creating color schemes, complete solution
During the years 2004-2008 most of my completed projects were for partners in the USA.
dtto: webmail + portal cooperation
Contribution to following projects:
US Directory, Hot Movie Sale, Smart Savings Center, Spyware Terminator, Web Security Guard, Online Vault, Crawler Smileys, Crawler toolbar and more
web designs, application interfaces, informational architecture, co-designing, product analysis
XUL toolbar for Firefox, complete realization
Since the end of 2000 I have worked for the Ringier CZ publishing house, where I created the very first web sites of the titles they published. Blesk.cz was the first and most important, for several years we were among the Czech market leaders. Web sites of other titles and magazines followed, as well as the company web and several purpose projects.
redesigned several times since 2004
ABC – Kids weekly
my design rapidly changed
Tydenik Televize – TV guide
my original design was partialy changed, the major part – TV guide listing – is still working as originally designed
Other selected projects
Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty (2009)
Analysis and consultations
Indos – Internet for Schools Project (2003)
web design for the Czech Ministry of Informatics project
Czech Ministry of Informatics (2003)
web design participation
my own project, complete realization
my own project for supporting accessible web
- Big Czech Songbook
- "Golden Cut" design of CSS Zen Garden
- A lot of my own web sites, blogs etc.
- Reference: Graphic design
My designs and graphic style can be judged on existing web sites I created. I also added several pieces of design work in a small design portfolio.
- Logo "ZŠ Havlíčkova" – logo for elementary school in Moravské Budějovice, CZ
- Logo "Olles" – logo for Olles.cz, orienteering maps
- Logo "Skrýše 09" – logo of navigation-orienteering contest Skrýše 2009 (Olles.cz)
- Logo "Gurmánka.cz" – logo for gourmet web Gurmanka.cz
- Logo "Česká televize" – not realized redesign of Czech public TV logo (public tender, sketch)
- Logo "Czech republic" – not realized design of Czech Republic logo (public tender, sketch)
I also wrote couple of books, mostly about CSS. The first one, CSS: The Complete Guide (in Czech only), has been bestseller for more than 6 years (and still selling).
- Inbox.com – complete portal application containing webmail, organizer with a calendar, data storage, photo abums etc.
- ColorSchemeDesigner.com – online editor of color schemes. Older versions are still available.
JS/jQ: jQuery Plugins
JS libraries and plugins for the jQuery framework are published continuously on my web Wellstyled.com
XUL+JS: Inbox toolbar
Firefox add-on, complete realization
PHP: Blogging system Bloxxy
I made this databaseless publishing system for my own purpose, and several of my older projects (e.g. the Pixylophone blog) are still running Bloxxy. Currently it's developed by other programmers without my participation.
Petr Staníček (Pixy)
Professional designer and developer, amateur musician and bardling, dropout typographer, happy father of two beautiful daughters, mathemagician, lazy linguistician, almost professional cook and about 6'5 tall fool. At your service.
To make my professional profile easier accesible, I moved it to the social web LinkedIn.
It's my very old nickname. It originated in the early 90's. It had something to do with "pixels", as far as I remember. In those days I didn't speak English at all, so it wasn't related to pixies. The Pixy comics also have nothing to do with my nickname (in fact I had been using my nickname even before the first edition of the comics).
To contact me, please prefer email. Thank you.
- Petr Staníček ("Pixy")
- I live and work near Kladno (Czechia, EU), but I'm not limited to the location. My customers are from around the world.
- firstname.lastname@example.org = email@example.com
- +420 775-749 999 (775-PIXYYY)
- Jabber, GTalk:
- ICQ, AIM:
- pixycz / 571675997
- petr_stanicek (not public)