If you find an interesting and useful favelet, just right-click it's link in the browser and choose Add to Favorites (or Save (as) bookmark or similar) from the contextual menu. The favelet will be stored in your browser's Favorites (Bookmarks). Next time, when you activate it, it's code is executed and causes the action which is designed for.
My Favorite Favelets
Checking the Code
Following favelets send the displayed document to another website which will proccess it (in new window).
- W3C validator - validate (X)HTML code of displayed document
- WDG validator - validate (X)HTML code of displayed document
- W3C CSS validator - validate CSS code attached to displayed document
- Get content size (holovaty.com)
- LynxView of the document (by pixy)
- Simple DOM inspector of the document NEW (by pixy)
Styles and Stylesheets
- Toggle (activate/deactivate) document's stylesheets (by Tantek Çelik)
- Show style sheets content (will open new window[s]) (by Tantek Çelik)
- Show style rules (will open new window[s]) (by Tantek Çelik)
- Choose style sheet (if document contains alternate stylesheets) (by Tantek Çelik)
- List computed (cascaded) styles [old] (by pixy)
- List computed (cascaded) styles [NEW] (by pixy). Works in IE6/Win, IE5/Mac, and Mozilla. Write down name of property to be listed and move cursor over active document. Several browsers use CSS-names, other ones use DOM-names. See the predefined font size property: if you see "font-size", use CSS-names ("font-family", "margin-left", "border-style-left" etc.), if you see "fontSize", you have to use DOM-names ("fontFamily", "marginLeft", "borderStyleLeft" etc.).
Following favelets can change only properties of the document. Style of its elements may be set by CSS. You may use a stylesheet switching (see above) before applying these favelets.
- Set background color (with prompt) (by bookmarklets.com)
- Set background to white
- Clear background (removes bgImage, too)
- Set text color (with prompt) (by bookmarklets.com)
- Hilite all links (IE4+) (by bookmarklets.com)
- Toggle all underlines (IE4+) (by bookmarklets.com)
- View HTPP headers (in new window)
- View HTPP transaction
- Page freshnes (date/time of last modification) (by bookmarklets.com)
- Number of links (by bookmarklets.com)
- List all links (by bookmarklets.com)
- List e-mail links (by bookmarklets.com)
- List all images (by bookmarklets.com)
- View all scripts (by Tantek Çelik)
- View passwords on the page (by Jakub Vrana)